Turn Left @ Heaven

or; how I learned to stop worrying and love the dong

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Please disregard any comment I may have in the previous post that may lead one to believe that this season is magical, beautiful or in any other way positive. Little more than weeks into winter and I'm well jack of it. In fact, I think it took a little under 48 hours for the season to sour for me. The walk to work the monday after the snowfall was a killer. The ensueing week involved me getting sick, almost slipping arse over tit everytime I set foot on the outside foodpath, and freezing my balls off on the journey to and from work everyday. Tis the season they say.

Aside from being cold - we have been busy preparing for this years installment of the Annual Swaton Christmas Talent show which will be performed next Friday (December 23rd, 2005) by the our kindergarten kids. Starring yours truly as the wise old octopus in the Rainbow fish, in which I will also be making my directorial debut. They take this sort of thing very seriously here and there has been a lot of work gone into it over the last few months. I'll let you all know how it goes.

The plus side to all this cold is that there is light at the end of the tunnel - Alwyn and I will be in sunny Thailand from christmas eve, where it is a sunny 27 degrees C today. oh yeah.

Til next time,

- T

2 Comments:

  • At 7:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Merry Christmas
    hope you have a very happy time in Thailand .xxxxxxxxxxx

     
  • At 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It snowed for the second time in Swansea last week, but it didn't settle this time, it just melted away as it touched the ground... I seem to miss the snow everywhere I go -- it started laying it on thick in the English North the day after I left to come back to the Swan. Instead, the sun just sets at four in the afternoon, and it rains all day. Sigh. COld and wet by any other name.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home