Turn Left @ Heaven

or; how I learned to stop worrying and love the dong

Monday, July 18, 2005

Ding Dong to everyone out there in cyberspace. Alwyn's already mentioned the Mud fest. It was quite amusing... It basically is what you would imagine, people getting muddy at the beach . It had it all - cheesy music, drunk crazy muddy wayguks (whitey), drunk crazy muddy Koreans, cheap beer, bikini girls and lots of mud. I managed to slippery myself up nicely. On the downside there was no nudity involved - and everyone knows slippery and naked go hand in hand. But you can't win 'em all. On the plus side we were given two roman candles by a random kiwi dude. When I was in the water washing the mud this Korean kid comes up to me and says Hello! (not that strange - those of you who have been or are currently in Korea would not be surprised by this at all) and the usual questions followed How are you? where are you from? etc. followed by "Do you like Gimch?" I said what - "Do you like Gimch". I said "do you mean do you mean Kimchi?" he smiled inanely "I like Gimch - Goodbye" I said "see ya" He swam off - about 10 minutes later he comes back "Can I help you?" - "No thank you" - "Okay goodbye". Welcome to Korea.

Well that was my Sunday in a nutshell. Saturday was cool too - went shopping for crazy Korean items in the day (I got sprayed with deodourant by a promo girl in the mall - freaked me out) and went out at night and enjoyed some of the local swill - jolly good show. Oh and one more thing - on the bus ride home on sunday night we went past a shop called "Queer" and on the next block there was a bar called "Bong". I love this place.

Not much else to report except that we are going to Japan in a week. Where, as well as travelling around the country, we will be going to the Fuji rock festival where we will see such artists as Beck and Fatboy Slim with a whole bunch of Japanese people. It's gonna be f**kin awesome. We will try and get some photos and stuff to post on here.

If you want more info and pics on the boryeong mud festival you can Click Here

Until next time


- T

3 Comments:

  • At 11:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you guys had a blast. Were you soothed by the mystical healing properities of the sacret Korean mud?

    YOu page looks really good by the way.

    See ya soon!

    matt

     
  • At 9:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Guys,

    Wanted to drop by and take a geezer at your Dong, but I'll settle for a photo for the moment. Good to hear your doing well, Korea sounds fantastically bizare, I can imagine just about everything would seem a little strange. Not much doing at the moment, but we are now considering following in your footsteps - maybe I'll have a Dong of my own one day. Bone if you can get me a T-Shirt or something with the Logo of this bar called 'Bong' that'd be mighty cool. I did want to ask you to hunt down something as well, for no aparent reason I would like you to find me some example/s of Korean Metal - if there is a Korean version or comparison to Gwar or the likes... Anyway, I have been keeping up with you via the blog so keep posting and be well,
    Cheers and Regards,
    Jimi

     
  • At 11:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Troy & Ally, finally got your blog page address from your mother and have had a surf thru.Its my first experience with a blog and was pretty impressed with all the info/photos/stories etc - good stuff. Hope you had fun in fujifest, sounds like the adventure continues! Leah will be thrilled to see her wedding on the net.

    see ya, Steve J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home